Our Solon plant, located just 19 miles from downtown Cleveland and 27 miles from downtown Akron, is convenient from almost anywhere in the Cleveland/Akron area.
Your contributions will enhance your stock value. As an ESOP company, we’re 100% employee owned. Each of our employees is provided ownership interest in the company and receive additional stock shares annually. The value of your shares will increase with the success of the company.
Our exceptional benefits package includes competitive pay, medical, voluntary dental and vision insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, life insurance, short-term disability pay and 11 holidays per year.
Bardons & Oliver is an equal opportunity employer, and is a drug-free, smoke-free workplace.
If you’re looking to be an employee-owner on a successful team while being rewarded as you learn and grow, Bardons & Oliver is the place for you. Reach out to us to learn more about a career with Bardons & Oliver.
Current Open Position Job Listings:
1st Shift - Experienced Boring Mill/DeVlieg Machinist
Also looking to start a 3rd shift team.
Skills Required/Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Mechanical aptitude, dependable and a positive attitude.
- Works with minimal supervision to machine parts of varying difficulty.
- Uses part drawings, routers, material specifications and customer data to determine operation sequence, appropriate tooling, handling techniques, feeds and speeds, and measuring gauges. Builds a new setup from basic fixture elements for each job.
- Commonly uses an indexing table to allow machining from multiple positions. Performs a variety of machining operations such as face milling, slot milling, side milling, boring, drilling, tapping, and reaming to close tolerances.
- Studies machining instructions such as job order, blueprint, process sheet, or sketches to determine machining operations required, sequence of operations, dimensions and tolerances, tooling requirements and feed and speed rates.
- Builds required tool/toolholder combinations and mounts them in the spindle as required.
- Uses overhead crane in lifting or flipping items weighing up to several hundred pounds.
- Mounts workpiece on table or indexing table and builds a new setup for each job from basic fixture elements such as angle plates, clamps, shims, and parallel blocks. Establishes part alignment and datums using devices such as an edge finder, center finder, dial indicator, and digital readout. Checks work piece to ensure sufficient stock and ensure correct positioning to perform required operations.
- Performs machining processes utilizing appropriate feeds, speeds, and depths of cut for the material, tooling, and setup. Controls the machine and tool positions in relation to each other to produce the required part features.
- Has machining knowledge sufficient to optimize the machining process. Adjusts the machine controls as required. Inspects first piece and succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications. Leaves sufficient stock for following operations.
- Monitors tool cutting performance and wear, replacing cutting tools such as inserts, drills, taps, etc. to maximize production and minimize tooling costs.
- Verifies dimensions of machined workpiece with such measuring instruments as micrometers, bore gauges, vernier calipers, and dial indicators. May work within a tolerance of .0005 inch.
- Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools.
Bardons & Oliver is a substance-free workplace. Applicants must be able to successfully pass a background check, substance testing and medical exam. Send resume w/salary requirements to HR@bardonsoliver.com
Bardons & Oliver is searching for experienced and dependable full-time CNC Machinists for 1st shift. The qualified candidate will be responsible for setup and operation of 4-axis CNC Horizontal Machining Centers. We are also looking to build a strong 3rd shift team.
- Close tolerances machining of parts of moderate to high difficulty and weighing up to several thousand pounds.
- Use of part drawings, routers, setup drawings and instructions for guidance in setting up the fixture elements and installing pre-set tooling.
- Establish part alignment, datums, and work piece offsets.
- Monitor the machining processes and measure dimensions with precision gauges.
- Make tooling and offset adjustments as required to meet part specifications.
- Work with programmers and other production personnel to refine the CNC program and other supplied information.
- 5 years of experience in setup and operation of CNC Machines
- Ability to read blueprints and understanding drawing features such as GD&T
- Ability to follow written instructions and procedures
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and strong math skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Download an application and submit via email to Human Resources at HR@bardonsoliver.com
Or fax it to 440-498-2001
Completed applications can also be mailed to:
Bardons & Oliver
Attn: HR Department
5800 Harper Rd
Solon, OH 44139
Read more about us.